We are pleased to now offer Active Hexose Correlated Compound, also known as AHCC, a supplement believed to boost immune system health. It’s body of research includes over 80 human clinical studies.
AHCC is an extract obtained from a hybridization of several subspecies of mushroom mycelia. Mycelia form the vegetative body of mushrooms: the part that is usually hidden underground. The mushroom mycelia used to create AHCC are grown in nutrient-rich rice bran extract.
It was developed in Japan using state-of-the-art biotechnology, and is manufactured through a multi-step, patented process of cultivation, enzymatic decomposition, sterilization, concentration and freeze-drying.
AHCC is a biological response modifier, which means it turns the dial up on your natural immune response.
Several clinical trials have shown that AHCC can significantly increase the activity of certain white blood cells, whose job is to defend the body against foreign substances.
Specifically, studies suggest that AHCC can increase:
- The activity of NK cells by as much as 300-800%. NK cells are the immune system’s first line of defense.
- Levels of T cells by as much as 200%. As part of the secondary immune response, T cells provide back-up to NK cells.
- Populations of macrophages, in some cases doubling them. Macrophages engulf and ingest foreign particles and cellular debris.
- The production of cytokines. Cytokines are chemical messengers that help white blood cells communicate and coordinate an immune response.
- The number of DC cells. DC cells provide defense in tissues exposed to the exterior environment.*
* Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.